lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mike Korcynski <Mike.Korcyn...@tufts.edu>
Subject exact match on a stored / tokenized field.
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 14:05:48 GMT
Hi,

I have fields that are stored and tokenized, I've indexed using the
StandardAnalyzer.  Now I'm trying to do an exact string match.  For
example, my document has two fields:

chunk.12     rights regarding immigration. Unlike other Latin Americans,
Puerto Ricans are US. citizens. The right
chunk.2       the Latin School for collaborating with us, especially
Maira Perez and Melissa Lee. They have

I want to do an exact string search for "Latin School" and have it
return me chunk.2 as part of the results but not chunk.12.  Now, it
would seem that this wouldn't be possible because of the tokenization.
So my initial inclination was to store the fields as both tokenized and
untokenized so that I could do an exact match against the untokenized
fields.  However since wild card searches can't start with *, I can't do
*Latin School* and so I can't figure out how I'd get chunk.2 to return
when they're untokenized?   Is there a best practice or a generic deisgn
pattern to follow for setting up for your index to allow for exact
searching?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike