lucene-general mailing list archives

From KingKory <cbkpr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Integration
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 15:52:19 GMT

Ted Dunning wrote:

> http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_2/queryparsersyntax.html
>
> You may be able to succeed by escaping the space with a backslash.

Thanks Ted.

So to summarize: If I created my parser like this-

Dim searcher As New Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher("C:\SearchIndex")

Dim query As Lucene.Net.Search.Query
query = Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.QueryParser.Parse(mySearchQuery, "content",
New Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer)

Dim hits As Lucene.Net.Search.Hits
hits = searcher.Search(query)

Using the same Analyzer I used to create the index, I should be able to
format mySearchQuery in such a way to perform valid searches on the index?

I went through the link you provided, will you give me an example of how I
would need to format [abcd efgh] to search the index (using the integration
above) for abcd efgh instead of [abcd] OR [efgh]?

Thanks again.