lucene-general mailing list archives

From apgw <anth...@databaserepublic.com>
Subject Re: Lucene rich-text search with returned hyperlinks
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 16:49:49 GMT

The documents are text fields in a db of legal docs, so the search is not for
the document but for the search string(s) (there will be multiple) within a
given document. The search strings are manually derived from the main part,
and they would like to match these in the law's various sub-sections
automatically (legal docs - long, tedious...).

I have more detailed questions (?should they be indexed when saved, or if
this can be done quickly enough when the page is requested), and so on, but
this is probably not the right forum; just need to know if Lucene will do
it. I see there is a new edition of the 'Lucene in Action' almost ready; I
have the first ed coming in the mail which I hope will help.