lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open Relevance Project?
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 17:57:35 GMT

On May 18, 2009, at 11:41 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> On the other hand, it is likely that we could find query and click
> logs for
> the documentation.

Only if they are redacted/aggregated first.  ASF Members have access,
but we'd need to get permission to distribute (after redaction/
aggregation) I suspect.   Given the AOL marketing fiasco, we'd have to
go over them in pretty good detail before releasing to make sure there
is no personal information.  AFAIK, I'm the only ASF Member who has so
far volunteered on this thread and I highly doubt I have the time for
what I imagine to be a pretty decent sized endeavor.

Stripping IP address is pretty straightforward, but the query terms
might be a bit more involved.

Still, can't hurt to find out what's involved.

-Grant