lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Reminder] ApacheCon participation deadline
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:45:41 GMT
(dropping private@, moving to general@lucene.a.o)

I think we actually easily have two days of talks, plus a meetup.

Is there a way for us to see what was submitted to the CFP site, too?
I know I put in for one, and I imagine others did too.

I'd suggest we have a couple of themes:
1. Intro talks for X Lucene technology:  Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Mahout,
Tika, Ports (.NET, PyLucene, possibly), Droids  - aimed at devs/tech.
managers
2. Some advanced talks (aimed at devs, ala Michael B's "Advanced
Indexing" talk
3. Business level: The business case for open source search: case
studies, etc.

Are we supposed to include training sessions in this or are those
handled separately?