lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PMC Generated Content, Training and the current CFPs
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:08:55 GMT

On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:37 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> This feels about right.
>
> Does this translate into roughly 10 x 1 hour talks?

In the past: http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/schedule/
2009/03/25 it was 6 per day, at 50 mins each, but I think one thing on
the table here is to open up the format some.

Thus, for instance, we could have a mix of shorter "fast feather"
talks, along with traditional talks.  I'd love to see a "Fast Feather
Use Cases" talk for say, 60 minutes, where each speaker is given 10-15
minutes to describe what they do w/ the Lucene Ecosystem.

We could likely fill up 3 days too, similar to what Hadoop does.
Still 2 days plus a meetup sounds right to me, but heh, that's just
one opinion.  I'm looking forward to seeing the CFPs.

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gsingers@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> 2 conf. days, plus 0.5 for a meetup, which is usually at night
>

> --
> Ted Dunning, CTO
> DeepDyve

Grant Ingersoll