lucene-general mailing list archives

From sunnyfr <johanna...@gmail.com>
Subject cache managing with frequent update
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:18:02 GMT

Hi,

I would like frequent update on my master/slave servers.
I've several option :

* master replicate on the slave server :
- during replication the cpu goes mad because it brings back all the index
folder, segment are too frequently merged.

so my other option would be :
* all my servers are master and update themselves.

but the point for both solution is during the warmup of the cache.  it takes
too long time.

How people do when they have frequent update to do ? to they turn off their
servers during the warmup ???
what is the solution, should I make it lower ??
My update are every 30mn.

Thanks for your help,
Sunny