lucene-general mailing list archives

From sunnyfr <johanna...@gmail.com>
Subject replication caching high query and lot of update
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:20:49 GMT

Hi everybody,

This is my issue :
I've a master which update 20 000 docs every 30mn. (and a lot more nightly)
So my index is merging almost every update, segment increase too much.
So my master replicate all the index to the slave almost every 30mn.

My point is, my slaves are very slow during it get back index by replication
script.
I enclosed my cpu activity just during an update.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22828976/CPU.jpg CPU.jpg
Then you can Imagine 15-20 request second turnd badly my cpu.

>What is the best configuration for tomcat with this kind of activity?

I've linux / solr 1.4 / 8G RAM  / 8CPU.
Data index size : 11G - 14Mdocs

>And about my cache, with a such activity, is it interesting to have a cache
stored or not ??

My big point is during replication, my respond time of my request is sooo
slow.

Thanks a lot,