lucene-general mailing list archives

From Richard Marr <richard.m...@gmail.com>
Subject London meet-up
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:24:25 GMT
Hi all,

Would any Lucene users in or around London be interesting in a meet-up?

Over the past couple of months I've been working on a simple federated
search system (using Lucene for the text indexing) for our new visual
similarity search engine (should be launching soon). The search
indexing side of it is nothing fancy in comparison to SOLR, or Mark
Butler's DLucene, but building it has got me in the mood for some geek
drinks to talk about search, Lucene, computer vision, and related
topics. I'm still unsure of the format, but may be able to russle up
some talks.

I'm thinking early April, to give me time to get this release out the door.

--
Richard Marr