lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: operator precedence and confusing result
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:19:01 GMT
Jenny,

The best thing to do is to use Luke to explain how the query parser is
reading your query.

See http://luke.sourceforge.net/ or http://www.getopt.org/luke/ for a
download and  web start link.

And, no, the proximity query should not match if both words are not
present.  But users are notoriously unreliable witnesses relative to this
sort of thing.