lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release PyLucene 2.4.1
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:03:08 GMT

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> My one comment is regarding the documentation: the README and INSTALL
> files included in the release...
>
> ./README
> ./INSTALL
> ./jcc/README
> ./jcc/INSTALL
>
> ...are all simple one line files pointing people to URLs for HTML based
> documentation on the website.  The release should really contain as much
> of the documentation as possible: both so people can review it offline,
> and so so that it is "preserved" and versioned with the releases even
> though the site may evolve over time.  This isn't significant enough to
> really be a show stopper, but it's something to keep in mind for the
> future.

This is the way it used to be. In the interest of better maintenance by
avoiding duplication and to have nicer presentation than plain text, I moved
all the docs to the web site. That site's sources are all in svn [1], so all
of it is preserved and versioned, albeit not necessarily in sync with the
releases.

Andi..

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/site