lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release PyLucene 2.4.1
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:19:18 GMT

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I tested what happens when I fail to call initVM, and unfortunately I hit a
> SEGV (different from previous Bus Error):

  ... snip ...

> This is the code:
>
> import lucene
>
> #lucene.initVM(lucene.CLASSPATH)
>
> store = lucene.FSDirectory.getDirectory('/lucene/test.idx')

Yep, string conversions also needed to be protected, good catch.

> Playing with it a bit, if I call:
>
> lucene.Document()
>
> I get the nice RuntimeError back telling me to initVM.  But if I do this
> instead:
>
> lucene.Document
>
> (don't apply it), then I hit a SEGV.

I can't reproduce that one but maybe an earlier uncaught error had corrupted
things.

On the heels of this fix, lack of calling attachCurrentThread() now is also
caught and reported with an error.

> Sorry I didn't test out your fix until the RC...

Better late than never. Thanks for doing this.

I uploaded RC6 with these fixes to the staging area:
     http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 2.4.1.
Thanks !

Andi..