lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release PyLucene 2.4.1
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:19:18 GMT

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I tested what happens when I fail to call initVM, and unfortunately I hit a
> SEGV (different from previous Bus Error):

  ... snip ...

> This is the code:
> import lucene
> #lucene.initVM(lucene.CLASSPATH)
> store = lucene.FSDirectory.getDirectory('/lucene/test.idx')

Yep, string conversions also needed to be protected, good catch.

> Playing with it a bit, if I call:
> lucene.Document()
> I get the nice RuntimeError back telling me to initVM.  But if I do this
> instead:
> lucene.Document
> (don't apply it), then I hit a SEGV.

I can't reproduce that one but maybe an earlier uncaught error had corrupted

On the heels of this fix, lack of calling attachCurrentThread() now is also
caught and reported with an error.

> Sorry I didn't test out your fix until the RC...

Better late than never. Thanks for doing this.

I uploaded RC6 with these fixes to the staging area:

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 2.4.1.
Thanks !

View raw message