lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mahout 0.1
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:14:44 GMT

: No, more about how the source release is produced and used. From where
: I come the source release is the exact set of bits that the release
: manager is using to build any additional release artifacts. So by
: definition it can't be a build target among others. Having a build
: target produce the source package can easily miss something or

+1 ... I remember suggesting something along these lines for lucene-java a
while back: create the source tgz, then unpack it and use it to create the
binary tgz.  (IIRC, we had a problem once where the one of hte build files
was being excluded from the release, so you couldn't build the demo)

-Hoss