lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Lucy
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 12:26:20 GMT

On Mar 7, 2009, at 7:14 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Again, this is all great, but it just further demonstrates that you
> are doing this on your own and not as a part of the Lucy community
> (or really, even the Lucene community).  It's not a judgment of you
> or of KS.  I really like what you are doing.  It's merely a
> statement that this is not how Apache works.   There are plenty of
> other places to host code that do not have these requirements.

I should back off a little bit.  I really do not want Lucy to go
away.  I do want a C port of Lucene (even a loose one).  So, let's
figure out how to build a community around it.

I think Jukka's suggestion is the best:  Donate KS and or some portion
of it to the incubator that you think will make for Lucy and we will
put it through incubation.  I'd even be happy to mentor it and I would
bet the PMC would sponsor it.

-Grant