lucene-general mailing list archives

From 王巍巍 <ww.wang...@gmail.com>
Subject hwo to get paged search result
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:50:49 GMT
I designed a campus ftp search engine. When user enter a keyword and press
the search button, the program  callsthe searching procedure and return the
result in paged style.
However, in current lucene version, I can only call the below method as i
need to filter and sort the result.

*search<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Searcher.html#search%28org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20org.apache.lucene.search.Filter,%20int,%20org.apache.lucene.search.Sort%29>
*(Query<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Query.html>
query,
Filter<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Filter.html>
filter,
int n, Sort<http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_1/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Sort.html>
 sort)
The problem comes as in this procedure i has to set the third parameter n
and as a result, when user click the last page link, exception will be
thrown when the total number of search results excesses the *n* i specified
in the program. How can i overcome this problem?

I've posted this problem twice and seen no reply. Could anyone offer a
hand?  Thanks.
--
王巍巍(Weiwei Wang)
Department of Computer Science