lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 2.4.1
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:18:05 GMT
Hi Andi,

First off, I'm a total Python newbie, so bear with me...

Couple of comments:

1. I think you need to upload your Key to a public server (i.e.
pgp.mit.edu)

See:
@molly[1003]$ gpg --verify pylucene-2.4.1-rc1-src.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed Mar 11 12:42:58 2009 EDT using DSA key ID
7DADCFA5
gpg: requesting key 7DADCFA5 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpgkeys: key 39815DB27DADCFA5 not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Also, http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Andi+Vajda&op=index

At some point, too, it would be good to get you into the ASF web of
trust by signing keys with others in the ASF.

2. I see the samples, but how about some directions on how to actually
run them?  I see http://lucene.apache.org/pylucene/documentation/readme.html
.  I tried doing:
grantingersoll@molly[1018]$ python index.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "index.py", line 2, in <module>
     import os, sys, tarfile, lucene
ImportError: No module named lucene

In the LIA directory, but got the error above.  Again, I'm a total
newbie.  Do I need to make something first?  I tried make up at the
top level, but it seems to be checking out from SVN and then I got:
Exported revision 752549.
cd lucene-java-2.4.1;  -Dversion=2.4.1
/bin/sh: -Dversion=2.4.1: command not found
make: *** [lucene-java-2.4.1/build/lucene-core-2.4.1.jar] Error 127

Sorry for my ignorance.  Pointers to more docs that explain what to do
are fine.

-Grant