lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Lucy
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:05:09 GMT

Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> I really do not want Lucy to go away.

I also certainly do not want Lucy to go away; I want the innovations
Lucy/KS is pursuing to continue, and the cross-feritilization with
Lucene to continue.  I would think that they could and should even if
Lucy is not under the Lucene umbrella in the short term.

>   I do want a C port of Lucene (even a loose one).

BTW, I think "loose" ports are far more interesting than strict ports,
since they have the freedom to introduce neat innovations, enabling
two-way cross fertilization.  Lucene grows much more due to loose
ports.  I've learned so much more from Marvin, and Lucene has
benefited far more from Marvin's work, than from the strict Lucene
ports.

Mike