lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mahout 0.1
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:06:18 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I will fix these and generate a new candidate

OK, good. Let me know if you need a hand with those, I have a lot (too
much :-) of experience digging through license files.

> You mean about the size?  I figured this is a 0.1 release, so we're not
> going to put too much into packaging just yet.  I picked the easiest mvn
> target that produced something reasonable for people to use.

No, more about how the source release is produced and used. From where
I come the source release is the exact set of bits that the release
manager is using to build any additional release artifacts. So by
definition it can't be a build target among others. Having a build
target produce the source package can easily miss something or
introduce extra stuff like the build and test directories that Maven
picked up for this release candidate.

But as mentioned in the Nutch release vote, that's just a preference,
not something over which I'd -1 a release.

BR,

Jukka Zitting