lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Lucy
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 09:13:25 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> From my perspective, what we have is an optics problem.  I'm working full
> time, and I've been plenty active in the Lucene forums, but you and Grant only
> see a big fat zero.  :(

Try to look at our end of the telescope: If all KinoSearch development
had happened at Lucy and vice versa, would you consider KinoSearch an
active and healthy project?

As Grant says, you and others could start fixing this by bringing at
least a part of the design discussions and related work to the Lucy
forums. Without that there's not much point in the project. An Apache
project can't be just a placefolder for a future contribution.

BR,

Jukka Zitting