lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Archive Lucy
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 02:02:22 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> Please give me two to three months to make the next dev release of KinoSearch.

What will happen then? KinoSearch is not Lucy, so I'm not sure how
this is relevant. Are you then planning to start working on Lucy, or
to contribute some of the existing KinoSearch code into Lucy? Are
there other people who are planning to start working on Lucy?

Lucy has been around for almost three years already, but I don't see
any search code in the Lucy trunk. When and how is Lucy development
going to start?

You mention that in many cases other forums have been better for
discussing related design issues. What's the benefit of keeping the
Lucy project alive if there's next to no code or even discussion
there?

I'm sure that everyone here would love to see Lucy become more active.
How could we help make that happen?

As a wild idea: would there be interest in bringing the KinoSearch
codebase over to Apache through incubation? It sounds like the two
projects are closely related, so having them both under the same
organization might make many things easier.

BR,

Jukka Zitting