lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@sigram.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Nutch 1.0
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:48:57 GMT
Sami Siren wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have packaged the third release candidate for Apache Nutch 1.0 release
> at http://people.apache.org/~siren/nutch-1.0/rc2/
>
> See the CHANGES.txt[1] file for details on release contents and latest
> changes. The release was made from tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/nutch/tags/release-1.0-rc2/
>
> The following issues that were discovered during the review of last rc
> have been fixed:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-722
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-723
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-725
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-726
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-727
>
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Nutch 1.0. The vote is
> open for the next 72 hours. Only votes from Lucene PMC members are
> binding, but everyone is welcome to check the release candidate and
> voice their approval or disapproval. The vote  passes if at least three
> binding +1 votes are cast.
>
> [ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Nutch 1.0
> [ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

+1. There's a minor issue when using the supplied build.xml to rebuild
the sources - there are no conf/*.template files in the package, so Ant
fails with an error. Creating an empty conf/dummy.template fixes this.
IMHO this is a minor thing, so I vote for releasing the package as is.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><