lucene-general mailing list archives

From rockacola <>
Subject Re: Are you able to list everything in index
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:07:57 GMT

Hi Ted,

Yes, as I get comfortable with Lucene (and .NET in general) I'll wrap my
code with error checking and exception handlings.

Besides deletion and lock on physical index file, is there any things I
should look out for when using IndexReader?

Also, I can relie on MaxDoc() right? with pre-assumption of no one modifying
the index file(s) when the program is accessing it.

Thank you,

Ted Dunning wrote:
> This only mostly works.  You should also check for deleted documents or
> verify that isn't an issue for you.  The document numbers in the range you
> are looking at *are* guaranteed to correspond to a document that has been
> added to the index, but if that document is deleted, then the number is
> not
> re-used until you compress or optimize the index.  The results is that
> MaxDoc may be larger than the number of documents in the index and your
> code
> will throw an exception.

Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at

View raw message