lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mahout 0.1
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:51:04 GMT

On Mar 22, 2009, at 10:31 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
> Based on a quick look all the licensing stuff seems to be pretty much
> in order. However, note the following:
>
> * The copyright year in NOTICE.txt should be 2009, not 2007
>
> * The main purpose of the NOTICE.txt file is to list the copyright
> attributions other notes required by the licenses of external
> software. For example, as required by the respective license, the
> entry for the xpp3 package should include the copyright notice
> "Copyright (c) 2002 Extreme! Lab, Indiana University" in addition to
> the already existing part ("This product includes..."). Something like
> the following should be fine:
>
>    This product includes software developed by the Indiana University
>    Extreme! Lab (http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/).
>    Copyright (c) 2002 Extreme! Lab, Indiana University.

I will fix these and generate a new candidate

> Also, some notes about the release structure:
>
> * The mahout-0.1-project packages contain the following entries not
> included in svn:
>
>    Only in mahout-0.1/core: build
>    Only in mahout-0.1/core: input
>    Only in mahout-0.1/examples: input
>    Only in mahout-0.1/examples: output

Hmm, that's odd.  I'll look into it.  They can safely be ignored.

> * Related to the above, see my comments on general@ and on nutch-dev@
> about the nature of source releases. For me the source release is not
> one release artefact among many, but the *source* of any other release
> artefacts.

You mean about the size?  I figured this is a 0.1 release, so we're
not going to put too much into packaging just yet.  I picked the
easiest mvn target that produced something reasonable for people to use.