lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ragia Ibrahim <ragi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Modify Norm
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:20:50 GMT

http://www.arabtranslators.net/
 Ragia> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:40:14 -0800> From: sendtoprat@yahoo.co.in> To:
general@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Modify Norm> > > Hi> How can I set my own
norm value during indexing time. From my quick reading> of code, I believe that norm values
are written by NormsWriter class which> is called from final class DocumentsWriter. Norm
values are set by calling> org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity#lengthNorm(String fieldName,
int> numTokens). But I need to set the norm using the field value which is a> float
number. I will be using this norm for my retrieval model. I cannot use> document.setBoost(),
as i need to boost the fields differently.> > thanks> Pratyush> -- > View this
message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Modify-Norm-tp21959177p21959177.html> Sent from
the Lucene - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.>
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx