lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ragia Ibrahim <ragi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Modify Norm
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:42:32 GMT

sorry I selected the wrong message to reply at .
 Ragia> From: ragia11@hotmail.com> To: general@lucene.apache.org> Subject: RE: Modify
Norm> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:20:50 +0000> > > http://www.arabtranslators.net/>
Ragia> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:40:14 -0800> From: sendtoprat@yahoo.co.in> To: general@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Modify Norm> > > Hi> How can I set my own norm value during indexing
time. From my quick reading> of code, I believe that norm values are written by NormsWriter
class which> is called from final class DocumentsWriter. Norm values are set by calling>
org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity#lengthNorm(String fieldName, int> numTokens). But I
need to set the norm using the field value which is a> float number. I will be using this
norm for my retrieval model. I cannot use> document.setBoost(), as i need to boost the
fields differently.> > thanks> Pratyush> -- > View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/Modify-Norm-tp21959177p21959177.html> Sent from the Lucene - General
mailing list archive at
News, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now!> http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx