lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Meetup in Amsterdam?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:17:24 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a draft of an email to announce the potential meetup on the
> various project mailing lists:

A slightly updated version I now sent to Tika:

<draft>
The Lucene project is planning to organize a Lucene Meetup event
during the ApacheCon Europe [1] in Amsterdam. The Meetup is a relaxed
event whose purpose is to bring users and developers together to
exchange ideas and experience on Lucene projects and related topics.
See [2] for more information on the Meetup concept.

The event is free for everyone to attend and comes with some drinks
and snacks. But we can only make the event happen if we find enough
attendees and a few sponsor companies. To better estimate the amount
of potential attendees, please sign up on the following wiki page if
you're interested:

   http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneMeetupMarch2009

The program of the Lucene Meetup will consist of discussions and short
presentations. Everyone is welcome to present what they are or would
like to be doing with Lucene projects. Even a five-minute summary is
fine. Please add your ideas to the wiki page.

[1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
</draft>

BR,