lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Meetup in Amsterdam?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 03:02:59 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Either day is fine for me, so, since Doug and Michael can do Tuesday, let's
> do Tuesday.   Let's make sure we let all the Lucene ecosystem projects know
> about it, too.

OK, Tuesday it is then. We'll need to coordinate with the ApacheCon
people on the schedule, but I guess we can make the schedule work if
we can find enough interested people to attend (20+ minimum, 40+ good,
60+ lots) and some sponsors to cover the costs (the space + some
drinks/snacks).

Sponsoring isn't too expensive (~1kEUR) and will get you the thanks of
all attendees and a spot on the ApacheCon web site as an official
ApacheCon Meetup sponsor. Let me know if you have a potential sponsor
company and I'll fill you in on all the details.

Here's a draft of an email to announce the potential meetup on the
various project mailing lists:

<draft>
Lucene community gathering in Amsterdam on March 24th

The Lucene project is planning to organize a Lucene Meetup event
during the ApacheCon Europe [1] in Amsterdam. The Meetup is a relaxed
event whose purpose is to bring users and developers together to
exchange ideas and experience on Lucene projects and related topics.
See [2] for more information on the Meetup concept.

The event is free for everyone to attend and comes with some drinks
and snacks. But we can only make the event happen if we find enough
attendees and a few companies as sponsors. To better estimate the
amount of potential attendees, please sign up on the following wiki
page if you're interested in attending:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneMeetupMarch2009

The program of the Lucene Meetup will consist of discussions and short
presentations. Everyone is welcome to present what they are or would
like to be doing with Lucene projects. Even a five-minute summary is
fine. Please add your ideas to the wiki page.

[1] http://www.eu.apachecon.com/c/aceu2009/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEu09
</draft>

I'll send this to the Tika mailing list, and it would be nice if
others could send the message to the subprojects where they are
active.

PS. I'll be pretty much offline for the next three days (visiting the
Alps with my girlfriend), so I won't be here to answer potential
questions before late Sunday.

BR,

Jukka Zitting