lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene Meetup in Amsterdam?
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:00:05 GMT
Hi,

Would there be interest for a Lucene Meetup during ApacheCon EU next
month? See [1] for the general concept for meetup events. The event
would essentially be a bigger and more organized BoF.

It would be possible to organize something like that either on Monday
or Tuesday evening (22nd or 23rd March), but we'd need enough
interested attendees (> 20-30) and some sponsors (2-3) to make the
event happen. See [2], [3] and [4] for examples of the plans other
projects are making.

The BoF format has worked fine for Lucene in past ApacheCons, and
we'll likely have a BoF in Amsterdam as well. But if enough people
feel that there would be value in extending the BoF to a full Meetup,
then I'd be willing to help organize something like that.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsEU09
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/portals/MeetupAmsterdam2009
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrMeetupMarch2009
[4] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Wicket+Community+meetups+-+Amsterdam