lucene-general mailing list archives

From "sendtoprat@yahoo.co.in" <sendtop...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Modify Norm
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:40:14 GMT

Hi
How can I set my own norm value during indexing time. From my quick reading
of code, I believe that norm values are written by NormsWriter class which
is called from final class DocumentsWriter. Norm values are set by calling
org.apache.lucene.search.Similarity#lengthNorm(String fieldName, int
numTokens). But I need to set the norm using the field value which is a
float number. I will be using this norm for my retrieval model. I cannot use
document.setBoost(), as i need to boost the fields differently.

thanks
Pratyush