lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Modify Norm
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:31:00 GMT

[You'd probably get more responses on java-user@ instead of general@]

Could you use per-field boost?

Or, since it sounds like you have a separate field with the boost you
want,
maybe you could do this all at search time using a function query?

An advanced possibility is to make your own indexing chain, and use a
different
NormsWriter, but that's an extremely big hammer to pull out for this
nail.

Mike