lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SomeBody Help Me! To Find Out The Portuguese Analyzer
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 13:36:01 GMT
I'm not sure what you mean by the Lucene SandBox.  Do you mean the
contrib area?

I think the big difference between the analyzers is how they implement
stemming, but I would suggest opening up the source and having a look.

Yes, the Snowball Analyzer covers those three languages, as well as
many others.  See the link to the Snowball project for more info on
how Snowball works.

On Jan 6, 2009, at 2:32 AM, 이지홍 wrote:

> thank you very much.
> but, i have a question.
> i was found OtherAnalyzer in Lucene SandBox.
> what's those?
> GermanAnalyzer Or FranchAnalyzer In LuceneSandBox.
> What's Different?
> SnowBall Analyzer is Covered That?(DE,FR,PT)
>

> 2009/1/6 Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The SnowballAnalyzer should support all of those languages.  See
>> contrib/snowball and also http://snowball.tartarus.org/
>>
>> See the examples in the demo for how to use an Analyzer.  You might
>> also
>> find it useful to look at Solr, which integrates all of these into
>> a ready
>> to go system.
>>

>> On Jan 4, 2009, at 2:54 AM, 이지홍 wrote:
>>
>>> hi, all nice to meet you.
>>> i need a 5 analyzer for lucene.
>>> English
>>> German language
>>> French language
>>> Portuguese
>>>
>>> If you have That Analyzer.
>>> plz send to : hongsgo@gmail.com
>>>
>>> i need you help.
>>>
>>> i can't find Portuguese Analyzer.. in Lucene sandbox..
>>>
>>> and. what's the snowball analyzer..?
>>> how to use this? when if i have analyzer..
>>>
>>> select snowball analyzer or english analyzer?
>>>
>>> thanks for read to my article

>> Grant Ingersoll
>>
>> Lucene Helpful Hints:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/BasicsOfPerformance