lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Segments file disappears, index no longer functions.
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:08:33 GMT

It sounds like you're using a pre-2.1 Lucene version?

Prior to 2.1, Lucene wrote segments.new, then removed segments, then
renamed segments.new to segments.  So it's actually normal that
segments is deleted and then quickly replaced, when closing
IndexWriter, and it seems like your breakpoint may accidentally be
triggering during this 'normal' time.  It may be best to turn off the
breakpoint, turn infoStream on, and get the error to happen?  Or maybe
change the criteria of your breakpoint: if IndexWriter is closed and
segments does not exist, then break?

Do you have an IndexReader open on the same index?  If so, those
errors from the infoStream are normal.

Mike