lucene-general mailing list archives

From adakos <jblo...@recruititassociates.com>
Subject Re: Scoring modification question
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:04:04 GMT

Well, this web page helps quite a bit, but I dont see anything about the
density of words in the document compared to the amount of times the word
appears, I could have swore I read that somewhere.

Anyway it makes sense that its doing it because I have get a document back
with 5 words, just 5 words, and 1 word being the result of the query, and
its scored higher than a document with 20 words where the term appears
twice, which is obviously what we dont want.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html

Continuing investigation