lucene-general mailing list archives

From adakos <jblo...@recruititassociates.com>
Subject Re: Scoring modification question
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:42:58 GMT

Right, I have managed to get the source code for lucene .net 2.1 and I have
identified part of the scoring method in DefaultSimilarity.cs

</summary>
		public override float Idf(int docFreq, int numDocs)
		{
			return (float) (System.Math.Log(numDocs / (double) (docFreq + 1)) + 1.0);
		}

I knew this one existed because of a write up I read about the scoring, I am
just need to identify where the score is modified by the number of words in
the document, if I can remove that calculation, build the dll, then ill be
sorted.

Ill keep searching but if anyone knows please let me know, I am currently
stepping through the source code line by line as it runs to identify whats
going on.

Much appreciated.