lucene-general mailing list archives

From adakos <jblo...@recruititassociates.com>
Subject Re: Segments file disappears, index no longer functions.
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:48:11 GMT

Right, got some interesting information.

The error occurred. The segments file was gone, I had a debug break
trigger(when it pauses the program while its running) as soon as it detected
the file was missing, so I checked inside the index folder and found that
there was a segments.new file there instead of segments. I renamed
segments.new to segments stopped the "live pause" that comes with c# and its
continuing to run at the moment.

I can confirm that the segments file disappeared upon closing the
IndexWriter, not when it gets opened.

And below is (some) of the infoStream text (its 519 pages long so didnt
think it would be wise to post all of it). The messages below were the ones
that looked relevant, there is either information about documents being
merged or these errors as shown below. If you need the whole thing I can
send it to you.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
'C:\Skyword.Server\Data\Index\_lug1.cfs' because it is being used by another
process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.Delete(String path) at
Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.DeleteFile(String name) at
Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.DeleteFiles(ArrayList files, ArrayList
deletable); Will re-try later.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
'C:\Skyword.Server\Data\Index\_lulm.cfs' because it is being used by another
process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.Delete(String path) at
Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.DeleteFile(String name) at
Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.DeleteFiles(ArrayList files, ArrayList
deletable); Will re-try later.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
'C:\Skyword.Server\Data\Index\_lur7.cfs' because it is being used by another
process. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.Delete(String path) at
Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.DeleteFile(String name) at
Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.DeleteFiles(ArrayList files, ArrayList
deletable); Will re-try later.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file
'C:\Skyword.Server\Data\Index\_luws.cfs' because it is being used by another