lucene-general mailing list archives

From fell <namrataa.pa...@tcs.com>
Subject Basic question on Lucene search results
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:47:51 GMT

Hi all,

I am new to Lucene and I need to know the following:

In case I have indexed some data using Lucene and it contains the fields:
Location, City, Country.

Suppose the data is as follows in the index in each of the above fields:
1) R G Heights
2) London
3) United Kindom

If i try to search the index by putting the following in my query :
1) RG Heights (Please not R and G do not have space in the middle) or
2) RGHeights. (no space at all) or
3) R  G      Heights. (extra space between tokens),
4) Kingdom United.

Please tell me if lucene would come up with a positive result or would it
tell me 'no hits'.

Please let me know this for each of the queries above!

Thanks!