lucene-general mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Lucene retrieval model
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:35:23 GMT
Hi csantos,

much better response if you use the java-user@l.a.o list instead.

On 12/29/2008 at 9:07 AM, csantos wrote:
> I would like to know more about Lucene's retrieval model,
> more specifically about the boolean model part, is that a
> standard model (just documents that match the boolean
> expression) or an extended model (include in the search
> result all Documents which correspond to the given
> conditions, regardless of the boolean connectors - AND,
> OR, NOT) ?

I'm not familiar with your use of the terms "standard model" and "extended model", so take
my response here with a grain of salt.

There is no way I know of to include documents in the search results that violate the constraints
represented by the connectors you use.  But if you're interested in getting all documents
that match a query, can't you simply use all OR connectors?

Out of curiosity, how useful would it be for the query "A NOT B" to return documents that
match "B"?

Steve