lucene-general mailing list archives

From Veselin K <vese...@campbell-lange.net>
Subject Re: Indexing local PDFs: Lucene/Solr/Nutch ?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:43:57 GMT
Thank you Erik, Hoss.

- If using either Solr's "stream.file" or Nutch's crawler,
  what is the procedure of adding new files?
  That is to say, if I did not know which are the new files in a
  specific folder and thus I passed all files to Solr/Nutch, would it
  skip the ones that have already been indexed?

- Also what if I file gets modified, would Solr/Nutch detect
  the change and re-index just this modified the file?
  Or should some kind of cache be cleared and everything re-indexed?

- In order to provide the user with an option to search the indexes of
  two separete Solr/Nutch servers, do I need to link both servers
  somehow and join their indexes into one, or is it just a question of
  designing the web front-end so that it offers the choice to send your
  search query to one or multiple different servers.

Thank you,
Veselin K