lucene-general mailing list archives

From Veselin Kantsev <vese...@campbell-lange.net>
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 14:15:14 GMT
Hello,
first of all, thanks for these great projects.
I discovered Lucene and its subs, a day ago and all these seem amazing.

My goal:
--------
A file server with numerous folders containing documents (pdf,doc,txt etc.)
that need to be indexed and searchable via a web interface or similar.
The number of files might be from 500 000 to 1 000 000 or so.
Ideally the solution would be capable of handling a lot more than that,
in case of future growth.

My question:
Which of the projects (Lucene, Solr, Nutch) will be most suitable in my case?

Thank you much.

--
Veselin K