lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Which one is better - Lucene OR Google Search Appliance
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:14:00 GMT
I saw a pile of responses for this thread, but didn't read them all carefully.  How much exactly
will you be paying for a GSA that is licensed to handle 8M docs?  I *believe* you'll be paying
around $250,000.  Now ask yourself if you can hire somebody to develop exactly what you want
for less.  I'm assuming you don't need the functionality yesterday and can wait for a couple
of developers to create exactly what you need (which may not be what GSA provides).

Otis