lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mike_SearchGuru <taherjamal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which one is better - Lucene OR Google Search Appliance
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:08:19 GMT

OK basically we ahve 8 million pdf's to index and we have good technical
people in our company.

question is is lucene slower than GSA in terms of indexing pdf's?
are there any costs for licenses if used commercially. If yes then what are
the costs?
what are teh downsides of Lucene as opposed to GSA. these are my questions
and if you can answerr them then it will be great help.

Thanks
Ali