lucene-general mailing list archives

From vladimirMaric <lamanio...@gmail.com>
Subject parse url addresses and boost by field
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 10:48:03 GMT

Hello all,
I have two questions:

1. Lucene doesn't parse url addresses well for me. It stores it in (almost)
full format: www.address.net or www.address.net/abc etc. What should I do to
extract address into parts?

2. Can I use fields for boosting other fields. For example: I have two
fields....one with text and other with ratio....
text                            ratio
-----------------------------
some text                    0.3
some other text            0.5
some other other           0.8

so when I search for something in text field I can use ratio field for boost
result. Something like: text^1*ratio

Thats it.
Sorry if theese are trivial questions, or if it already exists (and for any
other "why did you send your post here" mistake).
Thank you,
                   Vlada