lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Richard Marr" <richard.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Index file vs. database
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:12:31 GMT
> Thank you for your reply.
> I'm just affraid of choosing wrong option for the project and later it would
> be harder to change it.

I'm making the same kinds of decisions at the moment. My plan is to
use an RDBMS to store the "master" copy of our data, because that
technology is a ubiquitous skill set, and we know its capabilities
almost instinctively.

For example, we can hire a DBA off-the-shelf to deal with database
replication without having to explain the details of our other systems
to them, but doing the same thing with Lucene would require them to
have experience with it.

This way we can save our scarce brain-power for more interesting problems  :)

Rich