lucene-general mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: documentation for V1.0.2
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:22:23 GMT
Hmm, looking closer, I see that release 1.02 *was* referred to as 1.0.2 - see Lucene's home
page as of July 2002:

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/docs/index.html?revision=149779&pathrev=149912>

The contents of the above-linked page are included here, in part:

   12 June 2002 - Lucene 1.2 Final Released

   The Lucene Team is proud to announce the release of Lucene 1.2.
   This is the first production release of Lucene since it moved
   to the Apache project. This release contains many features and
   bug fixes over the previous 1.0.2 release - see CHANGES.txt for
   details. Binary and source distributions are available here.

   Lucene v1.02 released

   This release repackages Lucene as a product of the Apache
   Software Foundation. Download it here.

But neither "1.02" nor "1.0.2" is mentioned in CHANGES.txt, which was first committed to the
repository in November 2001, after the 1.2 release candidate series had started - here's the
first version of CHANGES.txt:

<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/CHANGES.txt?revision=149623>

Although there is a tagged directory in the Subversion repository for release "1.01", I don't
see one for "1.02"/"1.0.2".  If you *really* need this, you could probably recover it by searching
the Apache mailing list archives for the 1.02 release announcement, and then check out the
state of the repository on that date.  Sounds like fun :).

My guess, given the "production release" wording from the July 2002 home page, is that the
1.0.2 release was not worthy of the term "production".

Out of curiosity, why do you need documentation for version 1.0.2?

Steve