lucene-general mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: documentation for V1.0.2
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:52:36 GMT
Hi Chad,

Not too many people watch the general@l.a.o list - much more traffic over on java-user@l.a.o.

Lucene didn't use a patch version number until 1.4.X - before then, releases were called "release
candidates", e.g. "1.2 rc1", "1.2 final".

My guess is that you're looking for one of the 1.2 releases; the first Lucene release under
the Apache Jakarta project, after the move from Sourceforge, was initially referred to as
"1.02".

However, AFAICT from looking at CHANGES.txt, the "1.02" name was changed to "1.2", with a
series of release candidates starting in October 2001, culminating in "1.2 rc6", a.k.a. "1.2
final", in June 2002.

You can see the 1.2 series in the tag directories under the link Grant mentioned.

Steve