lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Tika to a Lucene subproject (Subproject Acceptance Vote)
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:17:47 GMT
Hi,

As summarized below, the incubating Tika project has voted to indicate
their willingness to graduate into a Lucene subproject. We feel that
Tika is probably not "large" enough to become an independent TLP, and
given our close ties to Lucene we'd be eager to be accepted as a
Lucene subproject (see discussion at [1]). And since all our incubator
exit criteria seem to be satisfied (see status at [2]), I'd like to
call the Lucene PMC to vote on accepting Tika as a subproject (see [3]
for the process I'm following).

So, conditional on graduation approval by the Incubator PMC, please
vote on accepting Tika as a Lucene subproject. The vote is open for
the next 72 hours and only votes from the Lucene PMC are binding.

[ ] +1 Accept Tika as a Lucene subproject (if the Incubator approves
the graduation)
[ ] -1 Tika should not become a Lucene subproject

The following Lucene PMC votes (with indication that their vote would
also apply here) were cast already during the Tika PPMC vote, and
(unless they explicitly vote again here) I will automatically be
counting these votes when tallying the results.

  +1 Grant Ingersoll
  +1 Sami Siren

[1] http://markmail.org/message/d3ydcybnutt7o2uf
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/tika.html