lucene-general mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject question about wildcard like search
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:55:25 GMT
I need to do a query where i'm looking for strings that are embedded into a
single word in one of the fields.  In other words, a field my have a phrase
like:

Bob,Tom,Kevin,Jeff

or

Tom,Doug,Steven,Bob

I would like to be able to use the wildcard query to search for any document
that has the name "Tom" embedded, in any fashion, in this field.

I would like to have built a WildCardQuery like "*Tom*", but it doesn't
accept * as the first character, due to performance reasons the
documentation explains.

So, how do I do such a query?  I'm looking into the fuzzy logic query, right
now.