lucene-general mailing list archives

From SEAN MCELROY <sean.mcel...@btinternet.com>
Subject What happend hits
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:23:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't find the answer. I've just update
to the latest version of lucene and it has left me totally confused. I have a basic web based
search engine that I used several clients to add search capabilities to there site. When users
search a site they generally want to return all occurances. How can I do this now? Can we
bring back the hits object?

As an aside, I think the new API is so poor that I have considered looking around for an alternative
to lucene. Does anyone agree that the lack of documentation and clarity of API now makes working
with lucene just too difficult? In fact I think what I may do is use an older version that
actually makes sense and is easy to use.