lucene-general mailing list archives

From chaiguy1337 <lo...@electricstorm.com>
Subject Simplest way to check for an exact match on an tokenized/stored field?
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 22:09:21 GMT

Hi group. I have a Lucene index that contains a bunch of text documents,
which are both tokenized (using the standard analyzer, not KeywordAnalyzer)
and stored. Preferrably without having to create a duplicate
KeywordAnalyzer-tokenized field, what is the simplest (and/or most
efficient) way to check for an existing exact match on that field?

Currently my best guess is to perform a TermQuery containing the entire text
of the document to check, and then perform a second pass over each of the
results checking the field for explicit equality.

I'd like this to be as efficient as possible.

Thanks