lucene-general mailing list archives

From Abel MacAdam <abel.maca...@gmail.com>
Subject Search Mediawiki and Intranet?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:46:51 GMT

Hi,

Currently I'm researching our documentation needs. Our documentations are
split over several servers, including Sharepoint, our Fileserver, and a Wiki
(based on Mediawiki).

I just saw that Mediawiki has the capability to add Lucene as an extension,
so if you search, your results will be displayed coming from an index build
by Lucene.

What I'm planning on advising is to start to use a search engine for our
Intranet. Hence Lucene. However, I'm wondering whether we need to use two
instances of Lucene. One for our Intranet, and one for our Wiki.

Consider this a question from the line of 'many searcher/one indexer
approach'.

Abel